Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Experiencing a bit of a work stoppage here at Katy-girl headquarters.  I've been working practically double-time the past couple of weeks, covering another teacher's vacation, writing progress reports, and prepping the school for our NAEYC accreditation visit.  Which is to say that not a lot of knitting has been happening around here.  And what knitting there has been has been only moderately successful.

To wit:
- Knit from the toe to the heel on a sock before deciding I didn't really like the way it looked, so put it aside for later frogging.
- Knit until the skein ran out on the replacement-neck-warmer for Danny, then had to wait until another skein arrived in the mail from Eat Sleep Knit, and now that it's here, I haven't had time to wind it and get going again.
- Rediscovered the Daybreak shawl I had started before teh Ravelympics, but haven't managed to knit another stitch on it.
- Haven't even had the time to go looking for my size 6 DPNs to finish the second sleeve on the Gooseberry Cardi.
- Started a scarf in some luscious BMFA Woobu, knit a couple pattern repeats, and haven't picked it up again in days, although I love the way it's looking, and am preparing to fight Danny for it every cool day this Spring and next Fall and Winter.

The plan: My last double-day is Thursday, and I'm headed to NY to visit my mom and co this weekend, then next weekend is the ladies' crafty weekend getaway in NH, so there is knitting in my future.  Think it'll go like this: finish the neckwarmer, work on the cardi and scarf concurrently, and then bust out a sock or two.  Can't wait!

No comments: