Monday, July 12, 2010

a reckoning

I can't finish a damn thing.  It is so stinkin' hot here, I can't stand to knit on my Traveling Sweater - too much wool on my lap.  The Daybreak shawl got kind of boring, so I put it down.  I started a baby sweater for my cousin-to-be, and that was going well, but then my mind wandered and I cast on a pair of socks for the Socks That Rawk Ravelry group's knit-along.

Summer is so hard for knitting.  I can't wear anything wool in this heat (and I so prefer knitting with wool), so the incentive to finish something so I can wear it isn't there.  I can't work on a big project because I can't stand to have anything heavy on my lap.  And although I've seen a couple movies lately, I seem to have misplaced my movie-knitting (a big old garter-stitch shawl I started last summer) so that didn't lead to any productivity either. 

But!  I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks, and that means a well-air-conditioned condo for sweater knitting, and beach-time for some little project or another, and airplane and car knitting.  So hopefully the end of July and beginning of August will give me something to show off.

In the meantime, what's on the needles in varying states of neglect:
Traveling Sweater
Daybreak Shawl
February Baby Sweater
Charybdis Socks
and I'm thisclose to casting on for a couple pairs of Mad for Plaid socks from the new Knitty, knit out of the new Loopy Ewe solids series yarn. (I've got a skein each of Sunshine Yellow, Grass, Cerulean, Fuschia, and Smoke)

No comments: