Sunday, April 24, 2011

For you, Sarah

I dropped this blog like a hot potato near the end of last year, and I have no idea why.  It might have something to do with the lack of light in Boston's winter, which made taking photos of finished objects nearly impossible, especially because I came home from work every night in the pitch dark.  Or maybe finishing some projects on my New York and South Carolina vacation at the end of the year broke me of the posting habit. Or it might have to do with some disastrous and now-forgotten project that I couldn't bring myself to put on the internet.  I truly don't remember.  But here's a quick post because Sarah said she wanted one. 

Looking at my Ravelry projects, it looks like I've finished a few things, but not tons, which is probably pretty accurate.  There was a modified Reunion Cowl (I made a sort of medium size in fingering weight). A pair of 3x1 rib socks out of STR.  A Calorimetry for my awesome co-teacher Danielle. A Lacy Baktus out of Bugga that I mostly knit while on a life-altering yoga retreat at Kripalu. Most of a pair of fair isle Strawberry Mittens that I inexplicably abandoned with only a thumb left to knit (must get back to those and pack them away for next winter).  A Cream and Sugar cowl also knit out of Bugga (using up the stash, slowly but surely!).  The back and one side of an Aidez, put away because I couldn't find a tape measure, and still not gone back to (shame, shame).  A couple of single socks to be paired later.  And now I'm probably only a good evening's worth of knitting away from finishing a Stripe Study knit out of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light.  I have exactly zero photos of all of these projects.  I am a very, very bad blogger/Raveller. 

But the knitting love continues.  I have an ever-increasing queue of patterns I hope to knit sooner rather than later, I am already planning what to take to knit on my summer vacations, I am daydreaming (and websurfing) about trips to Iceland and Shetland to do a little knit-tourism. 

Soon, I will be good and post photos and totals.  But not today.
xo

No comments: