Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finished Object #2

Less than a week into the year and already another FO! Truth be told, I cast this on Dec 31, but hey - I finished it in January, so it goes in this year's tally. This is the year of being productive. There, I've decreed it.

Pattern: Simple Things Shawlette by Mary Heather Cogar
Yarn: Socks That Rock lightweight, colorway Loch Ness
Yardage: about 350
(Terrible picture until it finishes blocking and I can take a proper one.)

I've got another project in STR lightweight on the needles right now, and I'm wondering why I ever knit with anything else. It's the perfect fingering weight yarn - just the right amount of twist, good yardage, soft as can be, and durable as heck. And that's saying nothing of the colors. Oh, the colors. Must keep all this in mind when I'm tempted to buy other sock yarn...

So the year-to-date totals:
Finished Objects: 2
Yards knit: 500

No comments: