Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finished Object #4

There's a poorly-lit photo of the Destroyed Cowl I mentioned awhile back.  Took me about three weeks of naptimes at school to finish it - utterly simple stockinette stitch until the very end, when I dropped three stitches at each side, then kitchener-stitched the ends together.  I couldn't be happier with the result.  

The yarn - Sundara Aran Silky Merino, is luscious - incredibly soft, smells divine, and the color is so interesting.  It's mostly a dark, dark purple, with areas that look almost bleached to a pretty, springy pink.  A nice contrast to the almost-punky look of the dropped stitch ladders.  I think this will see a lot of wear - it's so comfy and looks pretty darn cute, too!

So here's the details:
Pattern: Destroyed Cowl by Martha Merzig (Ravelry Link)
Yarn: Sundara Aran Silky Merino.  I am so bummed I seem to have lost the tag, so I don't know the colorway name.  Poo.
Yardage: 200 (I knit until I had just enough to seam the ends together, so I used pretty much the entire skein.

Other projects on the needles: I've finished the body and one sleeve of the Gooseberry Cardi,  and a few inches on a sock I'm sort of making up as I go along....

2010 totals:
FOs: 4
Yards knit: 1050

No comments: