Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Finished Object #5

Socks!
(Yes, these photos *are* getting progressively worse. Thanks for noticing...)

Cast on for these cuties as an emergency-knit, when I'd left my other travel-project (the Destroyed Cowl) at work and faced spending time in a waiting room knitless.  The horror!  Decided to knit a heavy-fingering weight yarn on 1's to make some seriously thick and warm socks.  (Can you tell its February in Boston?)

And now I just need to weave in the ends and put them on my feet before tomorrow's snowstorm hits!

Pattern: Didn't use a pattern per se, just cast on 60, alternated rows of k1, p1 ribbing and just plain knitting, worked a heel flap/gusset combo, decreased and kitchenered the toes, and called 'em socks!
Yarn: Socks That Rock Mediumweight, colorway Crazy Lace Agate
Yardage: round 360

Because of the sheer enjoyment I've gotten out of my last few projects knit out of Socks That Rock, I've embarked on a severe culling of the sock yarn stash.  Pretty much anything besides STR, Madeline Tosh, and some assorted others is going up for sale on Ravelry.  Nothing else feels worth knitting in comparison!  It never splits, the twist is gorgeous, it wears like a dream, and the colorways never fail to inspire me.  So, the more I sell, the more I can buy of the good stuff.  Already upgraded a handful of skeins, and couldn't be happier.

Also, because I'm waiting for a new set of DPNs to arrive from KnitPicks, the Goseberry Cardigan is on hold. (Just didn't enjoy knitting the first sleeve on two circular needles.  I'm a DPN gal through and through.)  Going to start a shawl tonight, knit that until Friday when the mass cast-on for the Ravelympics occurs and I start a project-to-be-determined in STR for Team Blue Moon, then get back to my beloved Cardi!

So! Year to date:
FOs: 5
Yards knit: 1400

No comments: