Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nerd Alert

No new knitting to show because it's the beginning of the school year, which means two things.  One: I've been super busy getting the classroom set up, planning curriculum, getting to know new kids and families, and just generally eating, sleeping, and breathing preschool.  Two: I've got my first cold of the year, and it's a whopper.  I had to call in sick yesterday and didn't knit more than a couple of rows on my Traveling Sweater all day long.  Pitiful.

But I did just get a happy little piece of news: I won a skein of yarn hand-dyed by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and Tina Newton (of Blue Moon Fiber Arts fame)!  They cooked up a bunch of beautiful yellow and orange colorways, and Tina posted on her blog asking for name suggestions.  I only had a few, and I got them in just under the wire, but she picked one!  And I get the original prototype!  And it's orange, one of my very favorite colors!  So, when you hit the BMFA site in a week or two when the new colors go up, and you see a pretty pretty orange called "Darlin' Clementine," think of me!  (And when you look at that luscious pink/purple number "Truly, Madly, Deeply" cause I named that one in the last contest!)  Me and Tina - same wavelength.  (I should be so lucky as to stumble upon her creative genius wavelength!)

Other knitting news: I'm headed to Stitches East at the end of October for a few classes, and then in January I've signed up for a one-day class taught by the Yarn Harlot herself, the aforementioned Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.  Very, very excited for that and for the excuse to take a long weekend trip to NYC with the Mr. just a couple weeks after our 5th anniversary.  I'm already planning where I want to eat, because clearly the point of NYC is food.  Lots and lots and lots of food.  I think a repeat visit to S'mac is in order, as well as a dessert-athon at Rice to Riches...  Plus I read about an all-vegetarian Korean place that sounds good...  Hmm, maybe I'm getting my appetite back!?!

No comments: